Monday 14 November 2016

The Poem From The Book Launch

Thought I'd share a little poem I had read out during my book launch :)

It seems as if it was a moment ago
When I first started typing away;
I was unsure of where my story would go
But I kept at it anyway.

And that little boy ever so eager
To tell his story, would never have thought
That after all these years, he would be here
Presenting his tale before you all.

And all those pedantic changes I made
Those modifications to minor details
Never did I think that they would be seen
By all of you present here before me.

Yet here we are, and here I do stand
It seems so crazy, I can barely comprehend
That so many people are here to see me
Out of an interest in my little story.

And the magnitude of this joy I feel
Is inexpressible by mere words alone;
Any verbal expression is rendered too meek
To convey my warmth and my happiness, hold.

And by cause of this literal lack of words
I resort to the two most commonplace ones;
Simple, yes, but they summarize, unblurred
My exact thoughts; and they go thus:

“Thank you.”

Thank you, everyone, for attending the launch;
Your very presence here means so much.
Thank you, my family, for your love and support
I’m here only because you showed me the road.

Thank you, my friends and teachers, for all that you’ve done
In shaping my thoughts and ideas; you’re all second to none.
Thank you to everyone who has ever wished me well
I wouldn’t be here without your support and encouragement.

A simple sentiment, yes, but I truly do
Wished to thank every single one of you.
And now, there’s not much that I can say
But happy reading, and thank you for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment